Hummus Recipe with Health Matters!
Ever wanted to make your own hummus? Well now’s your chance! You can make yours by following the step by step recipe below. We’re also running a competition with Health Matters over on the Citywest Shopping Centre Facebook page, so make sure to come on over and enter for your chance to win!
- 200g/7oz canned chickpeas
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or more
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch salt
- 1 tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse. Reserve a few whole chick peas for serving.
- Combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, tahini, and water in a food processor, and blend to a creamy purée.
- Add more lemon juice, garlic, cumin or salt to taste. Turn out into a dinner plate, and make smooth with the back of a spoon. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and scatter with the reserved chickpeas.